5 January 2009

Goa - Bogmallo

The quest for diving in India continued. Apparently there are three places to go diving in India, two are fantastic and one is ok. The two fantastic places are the Andaman Islands and Laskshadweep. Both take a bit of an effort to get to and we just could not manage it on this trip. So that left us with Goa, which is a bit hit and miss.

So we got to Bogmallo and we had not booked anywhere to stay. At the first cheap option no one answered the door, at the second cheap option, well it was horrible. As a princess I don’t do horrible. So that left us with the expensive places as there is no midrange in Bogamallo. Then we went to the dive shop and booked our dives.


The first was to a sunken steam boat S.S. Mary that was about a hundred ft long. We only dived about 9 meters but the visibility was very poor, (maybe3/4meters). We would be moving along and then suddenly there would be big hunks of metal looming up in front of me. My anxiety levels increased, my lungs expanded and I floated up too the surface. Bad scuba diver. I decided to end my dive and I swam the 200meters back to the boat. The lovely Terry kept me company. Terry did the second dive and he said the visibility was better but that that it was not a great, although he had fun messing with the surge.

We had to launch the boat off the beach and drag it back up using logs as the winch was broken. That was fun!

There was an overnight trip to a place called Pigeon Island, I did not want to do the trip and in the end Terry decided against it.

Otherwise the rest of our time was spent relaxing by the pool or on the beach, as there was little else to do in Bogmallo. We had no flights booked to anywhere but figured we might head to Singapore or Kuala Lumper.

No comments: